HOW CAN I HELP PREPARE MY CHILD FOR FIRST GRADE?
1. READ Everyday!
- Shared reading (read a book to your child)
- Independent reading
- Listen to a book on cd or online
The Brookline library department has prepared a reference list of books, Brookline Summer Reading Lists k-12
**Parents, be sure to record the books your child has read or listened to this summer and bring it back to school signed in the fall for a special acknowledgement.
- The Brookline math department has prepared a fun math calendar to practice math skills everyday. There are fun activities, books, and ideas to explore with your child. Please click on this link: Brookline's Math Calendar
- Click on Student links to view online math apps and games.
- Make a list
- Write a story
- Take photographs and write the captions
- Write a poem
- Create a science notebook by folding some blank paper and stapling it together. Take it to the beach or your backyard. Record your observations, questions, and thinking.
- Make a book of Questions
- Write me a letter and tell me about your summer.
or send it in the mail to:
Edith C. Baker School
Mrs. Lewin, 1L
205 Beverly Road
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
4. Have fun, play outside, and explore!