I hope you had a nice summer! I can't wait to meet this year's class! If you are looking for ways to get your child ready for first grade, I have a few suggestions...
Click to view the Brookline Summer Reading Lists K-12 prepared by the library department. Students are encouraged to use this as one source for good books, but they may also choose books that follow their own interests. Please encourage your child to read or be read to every day! Shared reading with parents is one way to encourage summer reading, and shows your own excitement and interest in books.
2. EXPLORE the Summer Math Calendar
The Summer Math Calendar is full of great ways to practice and reinforce math skills over the summer! Every day you can find new games, activities and ideas to play and explore with your child.
* Parents, be sure to record the math activities your child explores during this summer and bring it back to school signed in the fall for a special acknowledgement.
- Make a list
- Write a story
- Take photographs and add captions
- Write a poem
- Create a science notebook to document your observations, questions, and thinking. Take it to the beach, a park, your backyard, or more!
- Write me a letter and tell me about your summer.
Your family can scan it and email it to me: email@example.com
or send it in the mail to:
Mrs. Lewin, 1-L
c/o Baker School
205 Beverly Road
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
NOTE: If you would like to be guaranteed a prompt return, please email as I am unsure when the school will be open to pick up any mail.
4. Have fun, play outside, and explore! I am looking forward to hearing about your summer adventures!