Compare/Double Compare Instructions
Materials: Deck of Number Cards
Object: Decide which of two sums is greater
How to Play:
1. Mix the cards and deal them evenly to each player. Place your stack of cards face down
in front of you.
2. At the same time, both of you turn over the top card in your stack. Compare your
card to your partners to determine which number is greater. If your card is more than
the other player’s, say “Me!” If the two cards are the same, turn over the next card
and compare these numbers.
3. Keep turning over a card. Say “Me!” each time your card number is more.
4. The game is over when you have both turned over all the cards in your stack.
- Remove the 7-10 cards from the deck, and play with just the 0 - 6 cards.
- Play Double Compare. Players turn over two cards on a turn. The player whose total sum is more says “Me!” If the tow totals are the same, turn over the next two cards and compare these sums.
- Add the four wild cards to the deck. A wild card may be used as any number. Challenge students to use it for the lowest number that will allow them to win.
- Play Triple Compare. Players turn over three cards on a turn. The player with the larger total says “Me!”