- Two digit numbers represent tens groups and ones. We had many opportunities to practice breaking apart numbers and building numbers with groups of tens and ones.
- Tell and write the time by the half hour and hour
- Identify and count with pennies, nickels, and dimes
- Practice addition and subtraction facts
Looking a new math game to play at home? Take out your coins. Remember playing games at home with your first grader counts for homework log!
Race to a dollar
1. Players take turns rolling a die, taking that many pennies and placing them on the gameboard.
2. The player trades up to a higher value coin when ever possible, replacing lower value coins with the higher value coin.
3. The first player to trade up to a dollar bill wins.
Variation: Players roll 2 dice.