Morning Drop Off:
- The school day begins promptly at 8:00am with our morning routines. Our classroom door will open at 7:55am, and it is expected that all children will be situated in the classroom by 8:00am. Our morning vroutines and Morning Meeting are a very important part of our day; arriving on time will help your child get settled into the classroom and have a smooth start to her/his day.All first graders enter Baker School through the blue arch double doors (#22). These doors unlock automatically at 7:50 AM
- If students arrive between 7:30 AM and 7:50 AM, they must go directly to the cafeteria
- No one is permitted in the hallways, on the bridge, the hallway, in the bathrooms, or in the extended day area before 7:50 AM
- The classroom door will open at 7:55 AM, allowing your child 5 minutes to say goodbye, put away his or her materials, and begin the school day.
Afternoon Pick Up:
- Monday – Thursday the school day ends at 2:30pm. On Fridays the school day ends at 1:40pm.
- 1-L students will exit through the Multi Purpose Room doors and meet families at the bottom of the stairs to the playground.
- Any children not picked up on time will meet you at the office.
- Your child's safety is paramount. If there are any changes concerning how your child is getting home, please send a note with him or her that morning.
If your child is going home with a friend from either our class or another class, you must send me a note indicating your knowledge of the play date. I am not permitted to send any child home with another person without your written permission with whom your child will be going with.
- You can send me a note in your child's folder or bring a note during drop off.
- You can sent me an email but it has to be received before 3 p.m. a day in advance to ensure I see the email.
- If plans changes during the school day, you will need to call the front office: 617-879-4500