Morning Drop Off:
- All first graders enter Baker School through the blue arch double doors (#22). These doors unlock automatically at 7:50 AM
- If students arrive between 7:30 AM and 7:50 AM, they must go directly to the cafeteria
- No one is permitted in the hallways, on the bridge, at the lockers, in the bathrooms, or in the extended day area before 7:50 AM
- As with all of the elementary grades, the first grade work day begins promptly at 8:00 AM. It is important that your child arrives on time each day, as morning work time begins right away.
- The classroom door will open at 7:55 AM, allowing your child 5 minutes to say goodbye, put away his or her materials, and begin the school day.
Afternoon Pick Up:
- The children are dismissed Monday-Thursday at 2:30 PM and Friday at 1:40 PM.
- Any children not picked up on time will meet you at the office.
- Your child's safety is paramount. If there are any changes concerning how your child is getting home, please send a note with him or her that morning.
If your child is going home with a friend from either our class or another class, you need to send me a note indicating your knowledge of the play date. I am not permitted to send any child home with another person without your written permission with whom your child will be going with.
- You can send me a note in your child's folder or bring a note during drop off.
- You can sent me an email but it has to be received before 3 p.m. a day in advance to ensure I see the email.
- If plans changes during the school day, you will need to call the front office: 617-879-4500